The Museum hosts a number of opportunities for the public to experience historic railroading, from regularly scheduled weekend train rides to monthly Mexican rail excursions. Additionally, various special holiday events are offered as appropriate.
There are things to see and do at the Campo Depot every weekend. Please click on the months below to see the Museum event calendars.
August | September | October
Please follow the links below for further information on specific events. The Museum's on-line reservation system may be used where reservations are required.
Scheduled Train Rides Golden State
Train rides from the historic Campo Depot
Selected weekend days, check here for event calendar
Locomotive cab rides on the Golden State trains
Reservations and advance payment required
Weekday Train Rides for Students
Third Tuesday of each month, reservations required.
Weekday Golden State
Weekday Train Rides for Groups
Third Tuesday of each month, reservations required
Special Events and Excursions Run a Locomotive
The Museum's popular Engineer for an Hour program
Come take this opportunity to run a real diesel locomotive at our Museum
Seasonal Events and Charters The North Pole Limited
A special Christmas treat featuring night trains, Santa and his Elves, story telling and refreshments.
Check link for dates and times. Reservations and advance payment required
Consolidated Excursion Calendar Master Calendar
Visit the Museum's Master Excursion Calendar
On-Line Reservation and Ticket Purchase System
Note on Carriso Gorge Operations
Passenger trains through the Carriso Gorge are not possible at this time or in the foreseeable future. If conditions change, the Museum will make announcements regarding Carriso Gorge passenger excursion trains on this web site.Ticket Return Policy
All sales are final. However, we understand that unplanned emergencies arise from time and time and could interfere with your plans to ride a train with us. If you give us at least 30 (thirty) days advanced notice, we will be happy to:The Fine Print
- Accommodate one reschedule of your visit, subject to availability, to an equal or lower priced trip. The cost difference between the price paid and a lower priced substitution will not be refunded.
- You may substitute another party(s) in your place.
You may send an email to the Reservations Manager with your change requests.
- The Museum strives to be as accommodating to the mobility limited as possible. Wheelchair accessible railcars and lifts are available. Please call the Campo Depot on the morning of your visit to confirm equipment availability. Note that first class seating requires use of railcars that may not be wheelchair accessible. First class reservations will be downgraded to coach if access can't be reasonably accommodated at the discretion of the excursion Conductor.
- Smoking of any kind is prohibited on Museum property, trains, excursions and tours.
- The consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited on Museum property, trains, excursions and tours.
- Pets are prohibited on Museum property, trains, excursions and tours. On-duty service animals are allowed.
- The Museum provides family oriented entertainment and education. Visitor behavior not consistent with a family environment will not be tolerated and may result in refusal of service at the Museum's discretion.
BACK HOME EXCURSIONS ROSTER GALLERY FAQ HISTORY STORIES SOUNDS LINKS Updated August 22014 at 0725 PDT